Pages!

Thursday 26 May 2011

'When in Rome...

...Do as the Romans do.' As cliché as it is - I love that quote!

My third visit to Rome was in February this year with a large group from my University. It is one of my favourite cities in the World & every time I'm there, I ensure I throw pennies into the Trevi Fountain, to ensure my return. & so far, the tradition lives on. I am almost positive I shall return again.


The weather was beautiful, the food amazing, and the memories fabulous. It's about time I posted a few of my favourite pics from my visit and share my experience with you all.


Love.
Daniela Dee
...Xx!


Our hotel. Only room with a balcony! Oh yes, it did suffice ;-) 


The beautiful park that surrounds La Galleria Borghese...





Once a party Villa in the 16th Century, La Galleria Borghese is now an Art Gallery & Museum displaying original paintings and sculptures. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos inside, but take my word for it, it was breath taking. 




The Famous Colossuem! 





Blue Skies!
The Girls & I... Chilling as the sun sets.
The Colosseum at dusk...
Pizza Love!
Girls night out on the cobbles. 


La Sorelle Fontana Foundation. 
We were shown the designs and garments from three sisters who were the top dress makers of the 1950s. During their heyday they were known in America as the 'Three fountains of Rome'.










Love this!


Bow Love!






The "Pretino" dress was originally worn by Ava Gardner in the style of a Roman Catholic Priest made up of black silk and wool. It was a rather controversial dress to make at the time but she was graciously granted permission by the Catholic Church and created an authentic design. Film director, Federico Fellino loved it and asked the Fontana sisters to make one for Anita Ekberg to wear in his film, 'La Dolce Vita' in 1960.


Crepe Love.
Bottom Of the Spanish Steps
Piazza di Spagna
Top of the Spanish Steps.







Palazzo Farnese - Currently the French Embassy in Rome, open to the public to show off the masterpiece architecture, decor, design and artwork from the Renaissance. 




 Vespa Love!




 Boutique! Marc by Marc Jacobs dress Love.
 Chanel Love.
 The house of Fendi. We were given our very own personal tour!




 The peek-a-boo. 
 The Fur House












 Chanel Love!
My favourite place in Roma. 
La Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain) Love.
Largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous in the world, finished in 1762 now shows the theme of 'Taming of the Waters' with Neptune (God of the Sea) riding a shell-shaped chariot and horses being led by 'messengers of the sea.'


 Throwing in coins to ensure our visit to the city.
 The Vatican City


 Inside the Basilica....




 Valentino courtyard.


The beginnings of a wedding dress!



 Where the magic happens... The atelier fairies at work ;-)






Valentino Red! 


The Couture! Love.















 Versace Love! I'm def a Versace girl...


It's true. I love Roma.


No comments:

Post a Comment