Pages!

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Funny old thing, life...

A good friend's coming to stay today and while I was sat here painting my nails and planning our fun day out I started thinking about how unpredictable life is. 


We met at college, studying Fashion 3 years ago and formed such a good friendship but as we both live and study in different cities we make sure we find time in our busy lives to meet up. The last time she came down for a good catch up was last Summer, and how much has changed since. 

That's the funny thing about life, no matter how much we plan and prepare, we'll never know what's around the corner and what's to come . Take each day, live for the moment but keep the future in mind. For only we know where we have come from and only we'll determine where we'll end up. 

Friendship's a rare gift and once we find those special bonds we need to keep hold of them and ensure life's twists and turns don't place obstacles in the way and let friendship's pass you by, or fly off in the wind...

This reminds me of one of my favourite poems by Charles Hanson Towne which tells the tale only too well of what happens so often, however I will try my hardest not for it to apply to me. 

Around the corner I have a friend,


In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him",
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.



...Written in 1900! Wow. & to think how much has truly changed in this world we live in, since then.

Daniela Dee

...Xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment